team photo

More Than

30 Years Of

Get An Attorney’s Help To Enforce A Court Order

A child custody or support order may not seem worth the paper it is printed on if someone fails to obey it. Look for a legal solution if your ex-spouse or the other parent of your child is not following a court order to do one or more of these things:

  • Abide by determined child custody or visitation (conservatorship or possession) arrangements
  • Pay child support during or after your divorce proceedings
  • Pay alimony (spousal maintenance)
  • Sell the marital home and divide the proceeds after a divorce
  • Divide other marital assets
  • Pay debts as ordered in a divorce decree

To explore options for enforcing court orders and obligations such as these, consult with an experienced and knowledgeable family law attorney. Adam Seidel has 30 years of experience in family law in Texas. He has helped many individuals and families find relief when ex-spouses and “deadbeat” parents were reneging on their custody, support or asset division responsibilities.

A Variety Of Enforcement Methods

Sometimes, a letter from a lawyer and/or meetings with an ex-spouse and their attorney can turn things around. No court action may be necessary once your former wife or husband or the other parent of your child understands the possible consequences of not following an order.

However, sometimes talking is not enough to overcome someone’s financial or practical difficulties. You may be able to get help from the Texas attorney general (AG) if your child’s other parent is not paying child support as ordered. The AG may use methods such as wage garnishment to get the child support that you have not been receiving. For a failure to obey child custody and/or asset division orders, a judge may impose a new, tougher court order and/or threaten the person with jail time.

Explore the available options for seeking relief when your ex-spouse or the other parent of your child is not following a child custody, asset division or alimony order.

To learn more , email us or call us at 214-528-3344 (Dallas) or 817-230-4442 (Ft. Worth) or  972-312-1212 (Plano).