Adam L. Seidel has more than 24 years of trial experience as an assistant district attorney, and in private practice.
In Martindale-Hubble, he is peer-rated as "AV", which is the highest rating of legal ability and ethics. Mr. Seidel is Board Certified in both Criminal Law and Criminal Appellate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Over the years, he has been lead counsel in numerous jury trials, prosecuting and defending major criminal cases involving conspiracy, health care fraud, death penalty prosecution, and breaches of fiduciary duties including misapplication of fiduciary property. Mr. Seidel also represents individuals in governmental investigations brought by state and federal agencies, including the Securities and Exchange Commission.
In family law matters, he has been lead counsel in numerous divorce trials and contested hearings, involving the division of complex property interests, and highly contested child custody battles. Mr. Seidel also represents clients in Collaborative Family Law cases.
Areas Of Practice
- Criminal & Family
- Criminal Law-Federal (White Collar Crime)
- Child Support
- Custody & Visitation
- Mediation & Collaborative Law
Certified Legal Specialties
- Board Certified in Criminal Law & Criminal Appellate Law , Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Supreme Court of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, Dallas, Texas
- J.D. - 1989
- Michael Edward Dansby, Sr. v. State of Texas , 2013 Tex. Crim. App. LEXIS 744, 2013, Tx Court of Criminal Appeals
- Godfrey Mark v. Thaler, Director of Texas Dept. of Criminal Justice , 09-50672; Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, 2011
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dallas Bar Association, Member
- Dallas Bar Association - Family Law Section
- Dallas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
Past Employment Positions
- 216th Judicial District - Kerrville, Texas, First Assistant District Attorney
- Adjunct Professor of Trial Advocacy, SMU Law School
- Dallas County Texas, Assistant District Attorney
- Storey Armstrong Steger & Martin, Dallas, Litigation Associate